Brasil was amazing, and a little different this time around with having a little one. More time at home, less time at the beach and being tourist. But I learned so much about Brasil through having a baby. Brasilians love babies, and I mean all Brasilians; kids, teenagers, young couples, older folks. Everywhere you go you have to expect a "parabens" (congratulations) and a "linda" (beautiful) and a "fofinha" (I think fluffy little thing). And forget personal space with your baby, there is a lot of touching and getting close, so close that I imagine if I handed Lucia over they would gladly except and walk off. I know Lucia is special, but even at 9 months, everyone else made me feel like this too, everywhere we went. And I know Americans love babies, I mean who doesn't, but there is no where near the same outwardly adoration that the Brasilians show for babies. I love this. Also, I learned a couple other things in regards to babies 1. papa is not the nickname for a grandfather, this is like a little meal for kids. 2. older people (both familiar and strangers) call themselves grandma and grandpa.
And I learned a few other things about Brasil:
1. They have the best cappuccinos on earth.
2. It actually does rain and get cold (I wish I hadn't learned this!)
3. Depending on who you are, sand is edible.
For now I will quit babbling and just share with you in photos this wonderful trip we had...
Layover nap...
Lucia, you are supposed to be sleeping...
Gift from God...
Party planning with the girls....
One of my favorite photos...
There's always a reason to dance, and anywhere is just fine...
Lucia's new pastime, taking everything out of bags, boxes, containers. You name it!
Nice time Brasil, we will be seeing you again someday soon...
No comments:
Post a Comment