9.15.2010
July 22, 2010 ... Figueira #4?
Yesterday morning I woke up knowing that I would take a pregnancy test. I mean, come on, I was one day late and we have been trying for exactly a year. So just like I had done many times before, I peed on a stick with 50% hope 50% despair. But this time, there was the faintest blue line in the result window. I thought to myself that it could not be. Then I looked closer, and closer, and thought, that has to be a positive result. I ran to my computer and checked out images on google for pregnancy results. And sure enough there was a good chance that my faint little blue line meant that Rafa and I were pregnant. I was a mess, a jumping up and down giddy mess. And this was me being calm. So, I pulled myself together and headed to work with Rafa. Later that day, I thought, I need to take one more test, of a different brand; to hopefully rule out the chances of a fluke. So I walked up to Fed Meyers, bought a a pack of tests, (only $5.99 btw, baby, you are already a bargain! ) And unromantically went in to the store bathroom. Sure enough, this time a faint pink like that made a cross with another line. There was definitely something going on. And just like in true Sonja fashion, I could not wait a second to tell Rafa. So I called him at work and told him. He says, "Are you sure, absolutely sure?". I said yes, I can show you the tests. I could sense he was elated, but very cautious. He said let's go about like normal, and wait a week to take another test. I said no, I want to take one every day. He said I was being anxious. So we agreed on 5 days. In my heart I know he is trying to protect us from heartbreak if this doesn't work out. When I picked him up that day and showed him the test, he studied it very hard, and while he didn't want to say it, I knew he knew that yes, something was going on here. So at the end of the day, this could be the moment that changes our lives forever, and while I am skipping around the house whistling, Rafa is strategically planning is calmness : ) We are who we are, and this baby with be a little bit of both of us, the dreamer and the realist. But whatever happens, I am 100% hopeful today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment