Right, view from hotel room.
On day one, Olimpia and I arrived much earlier than Becca, so we took a little jaunt to the grocery store to pick up some goods. We bumped into this lovely little environmentally and oh so scrumptious place. They had affordable, healthy, and fresh foods. We spent I think two hours here!
Can't believe it! They have Tillamook Cheese!
Since Beeca still hadn't arrived, we ate and ate!
And not one, but two pieces of Pecan pie.
First full day together, we went hiking at Squaw Peak, happily, we all made it to the top without a fuss!
Ended the afternoon with shopping at Old Town Scottsdale...
Ended a very long evening of deciding where to eat at Marcelino's, a very fine Italian Restaurant...
FRESH Pasta : )
While at the restaurant, our waiter encouraged a little road trip. We were already planing to go to Sedona, and thought we would head to the Grand Canyon too. However we were advised against that (too far) and took the advice from our waiter and went wine tasting in two small towns after Sedona. Right, Sedona.

Here we are at the winery in Cornville. I was surprised to learn that grapes do really well in extreme environments. In the desert the temps can swing so widely in a 24 hour period that it brings the best out of them.
Cornville yard decor....
We also partook in wine tasting here too, not as good as the first place, but nice nonetheless.
We ended the long day with more Italian food, but this time take out, and oh so delicious. We had purchased a bottle of wine from one of the wineries and decided to just hop in our pj's, turn on a movie, and just veg. I think we are getting older!
The last day Becca had to leave early to get home to Shahin for his birthday, he is a New Years baby : ) So Olimpia kept ourselves busy by going to the movies, eating some more, and finally ending up in the airport on New Years Eve, playing cards : )
Happy New Year (first class upgrade on our flight!!) I guess things weren't that bad ; )






The pictures look fantastic!! I think you pretty much nailed it with the descriptions. It really was an amazing trip!! It doesn't matter where we go, just that we have a great time doing it! I always have a great time with you Sonja, I really don't know how else to vacation!!! Btw-I have been craving that rosemary roll sandwich you made me, I mean really craving one!!!
ReplyDelete