Anyone who knows me, knows that I will wake up early, just to see the sunrise. I love them. They make me feel so content, peaceful, and hopeful. So I wrote a poem about one...
Look up and out
Do you see that sunrise on the horizon?
It is for you
The rays of a golden promise
Sing to you in this moment of despair
In a moment of reflection, you see the hope
Warm and calming hope
And when your eyes close
The warmth on your skin
Brings a slight, delicate smile to your lips
You open your eyes and look around
Only to see the despair
Everywhere.
That needs promise, hope, warmth
You understand.
With the smile perched upon your lips
You share.
You call a friend at the moment a single tear drops from her eye
Share a hug when it wasn’t expected
Kiss the rose that lies wilted in your garden
Smile to a stranger who didn’t have a friend on earth
It is then that you understand
The sunrise for you, was for all
And when the night falls down
And we wake to the clouds of the morn
We see in the distance
The golden promise of hope
And with the sun, we rise above.
Together.
Usually, I try and drag whoever is with me to view such a wonder, and usually I get a strong resistance and tired old grumpy noises. But for the below, my sweet husband woke up very early on a vacation to see this glorious sunrise with me. Even more perfect.

No comments:
Post a Comment