2013

2013

11.18.2013

First Trip to the ER


On Saturday night just before midnight we woke to Lucia and a blood curdling scream. Rafa ran to the bedroom. I thought she had a nightmare but I didn't want to interfere. A few minutes go by and Lucia is still not comforted. Rafa came in and said she fell off the bed and onto her humidifier where the boiling water burned her arm. Her skin was bubbled and burned off :-( So I called her doctors, they had the Children's Hospital call us back to ask us questions. From there they told us to take her to the ER. So we got ready, drove there, and after 4 hours of being seen, reseen, cleaned up, bandaged up, and referred out, we were all ready to go. Lucia is currently on pain medication and we have a little process three times a day to keep her arm cleaned and rebandaged. She is the strongest, bravest and sweetest girl I know. After she fell and she was feeling better, she said, "I'll try again tomorrow". 





No comments:

Post a Comment