6.30.2013
It's a Boy!
And omg am I terrified. First and foremost how do I change a diaper?!? I dont want to hurt him. And then of course how do I raise him to be a strong yet sweet young man? How do I interact with him if I'm not painting his nails or coming his hair in pretty pigtails? Everyone says that boys are usually mommas boys, but Lucia is already a mommas girl! How is there space for two?! Lucia is so sweet and attentive and smart. What if he's rambunctious and wild and loud? How do I cope? Or am I falling into the stereotypes that I've so strongly tried to ignore? I know there are sweet gentle boys out there. I hope baby boy is one if them. Rafa of course is totally unphased by a girl or boy but for some reason I feel like I'll be totally lost when it comes to raising a boy. I hope I pull myself together in 6 months! And baby boy, I already love you, I just want you to become so much in life and I want to make sure I help get you there. I want that for both my babies no matter what. Now off to buy "raising boy" books! ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

=) Boys are crazy and energetic and rambunctious - and amazing. It'll bring out something new in you just like Lucia did. I am SO HAPPY for you!!! Baby boys are the best (and I've heard, easier than girls). You'll be on the ground wrestling with that boy in no time. yay!
ReplyDelete