2013

2013

1.31.2013

I guess we'll keep her....

Disclaimer: Lucia, one day you will read this, and you will be a mother, and you will understand,  I Promise.

From Thursday - Saturday of last week, Lucia was an absolute monster.  Someone stole my precious, sweet, loving, and cooperative 21 month old and replaced her with, exactly that, a monster.  Now, people say there are no bad children  only bad behaviors.  But I beg to differ.  Lucia was bad.  For three days straight, all day long.  Yep it's true.  And like any mother, or maybe just me, I thought "what the hell am I doing wrong".  Every single moment was a complete meltdown.  "Lucia, momma needs to put on her makeup for work".  Meltdown.  "Lucia, do you want a juice, ok here you go".  Meltdown.  "Lucia, sure I will play that puzzle with you".  Meltdown.  "Lucia, do you want all the candy and chocolates in the World?".  Meltdown.

Now, to Lucia's benefit, a tiny one, she had been sick and we had just returned from our very long trip to Brasil. But like Rafa said, just because she is sick, doesn't mean she gets to act like that. No excuses.

So it had been a lot of smile your way from the tears, ignore the tantrum, drink wine whenever you can, kind of three days.  And I am surviving, barely.  I took her to school that Monday and couldn't have been happier to have the break.  Since then she has been pulling herself together, a bit less of the dramatics, some happy times, I can throw on my makeup now. So for now, but I am still a bit on the fence, we will keep her.  But monsters are not welcome in our home, ever.

Always love you Lucia!



No comments:

Post a Comment