Personal fave, she is walking like a dinosaur :)
8.27.2012
Cape Lookout Camping
So the fam and I packed up the truck and headed out west for some coastal camping. Hopes were high. The first day was so wonderful, the weather was perfect, we played on the beach, we grilled, sat by the fire. All the lovely sides to camping. And then it was time for Lucia to go to bed. What. A. Nightmare. We had a parent fail because we did not bring her a crib, only expected to her to sleep in a foreign tent, without her crib, on an air mattress that was completely new to her. What on earth was I thinking? She was crying off and on the entire night, literally. She wouldn't let me put her down to sleep, so she had to sleep on top of me. And when she wanted to stretch out, she would cry. Ugh. We got about zero sleep that night. We woke up the next morning and decided to pretend we weren't completely exhausted, and went for a three hour hike that she ended up doing so great on and that Rafa and I managed to keep up with. I was shocked for all of us. But then, as if we just moved to Oregon last week, we weren't prepared for the torrential downfall of rain that hit us later that afternoon. It was so bad that rain was coming into to the tent. As much as I wanted to try to stick it out, there was no way we were going to sleep wet with a one year old that was completely miserable at night. So we packed up, in the rain, and headed home. We certainly had some good moments, but it was not one of our best trips. I sometimes forget three things. 1. Lucia is still a baby and needs to be treated as such. 2. I am a parent, I am human, and I will make bad choices. 3. There are lovely moments in life, even if they don't pan out as best as you had hoped. So here are the photos, of the lovely moments :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















No comments:
Post a Comment