Lucia had her 15 month appointment and she rocked it! 75% for height and weight, and 91% for head size. And the doctor said that she is really advanced for her communication (both verbal and with ASL), physical ability, and problem solving skills. Let me tell you, Lucia was really showing off ;-) The doctor was impressed that she is sleeping through the night, weaned from binki and bottle, and is so advanced too. There aren't many times where you just feel so proud, at least not for me. But today, I was completely in my glory. But, along with Lucia's abilities, comes the next stage....toddlerhood. And that means tantrums galore, pushing the limits, and just being down right ornery. She tested Rafa and I yesterday like we have never seen. So I guess this means that now comes the time outs, being really firm, and not tolerating dangerous or aggressive behavior. She thinks hitting is funny. Rascal.
We are really proud at where Lucia is at, but now comes the real test for Rafa and I. We have to be firm and consistent. Wish us luck. By the way, how can a face so sweet cover up so much mischief???

No comments:
Post a Comment