2013

2013

4.22.2012

Tender and Reassuring Moments

Lucia has been going through a very intense bout of separation anxiety whenever I leave the room or try to hand her over for another set of arms. It's been really tough on her and I both. Not only have I worried about how I should handle this stage in order to raise her with trust, connection and independence. I have had a lot of worries about how Lucia would do when family arrived for I don't want her to be sad and I want so much for everyone to be able to love and squeeze on her. Rafas mom arrived yesterday and as I woke up this morning buzzing around to get things ready for the day ahead, I am wondering why on earth Lucia isn't awake yet. I walk upstairs to her room and see this tender moment between grandmother and granddaughter and as I breath a sigh of relief, I realize that everything will be just fine.

Lucia's not in my arms right now and it's never felt so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment