2013

2013

2.06.2012

Politics.

So I am not a political person much at all. But I do know this much: I'm a democrat and that I voted for Obama and will do so again this year. Here's the thing I want to ramble on about. I watched the new Chrysler commercial (rock on WK!) and while I don't believe it was created with politics in mind, it did get me thinking. I've seen change over the last 3 years. I have. While nothing too extreme, I've read and listened to reports over the last year that indicate to me that things are getting better. The job market, stocks, consumer spending and home buying is up. Teen pregnancy, murders and unemployment rates are down. And get this, I've heard more recently through news reports or personal stories about people "paying it forward", giving to one another, lending an extra hand. Good stories are surfacing everywhere, just look. And while I'm sure these events have happened in the past, hearing about them more now just gives me, well, hope. And isn't that what Obamas platform was from the beginning?

We are at a crossroads in America and while I will never claim that there isn't more that can be done, I do believe we are at our halftime and we moving up and we are going to win. And you know what? I am actually proud of the strides are government is making both on a local and national level. At the end of the day, everyone and everything has opportunity for growth. America is no different. But what I've seen lately reinstates my hope in government and in the people that make this country so great.

Lend a hand, have hope, and lets win this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PE5V4Uzobc&feature=youtube_gdata_player


No comments:

Post a Comment