So somewhere along the way, I thought signing up for a full marathon was a grand idea. Well between being off training for a month, being under the weather, and little sleep (Lucia waking up tons at night right now) I had my first longer than 13.1m, 17 mile run on Saturday with my training group and that was no joke a serious kick me in the butt distance. I barely kept up with the group, could almost see them in the distance (maybe I was only hallucinating), had to walk some and up that last hill (I've never walked on a run before), and I am sore in spots I never knew existed. And I only have 5 more days to recover for 18. OMG. o-o
And this is funny. My friend Marisa, with excitement, asked me at dinner that same night if I felt so close to marathon distance now?!?!. My shell shocked look of response was, hell no, that's 9 more to go and I barely survived 17! And you should take the word survived lightly, for I am wondering if I might be borderline today ;)
But I'll keep on trucking, even if it means walking to the bathroom each times takes me 20 minutes. Its worth it right? I guess ask me after 4/29.
:-)

No comments:
Post a Comment