2013

2013

10.17.2011

I Did It.

So after 4 months of training, I ran my first race ever, the half marathon,  in 2:22.  While the race itself was a big accomplishment, and a lot of fun, I am more proud of the fact that I got back into running just as Lucia was turning 8 weeks old and still not sleeping through the night.  In those beginning days, my legs felt like they were running through quick sand and my body felt like it was going to fall apart right there on the side of the road.  But just 4 months later and I felt strong and healthy and at the finish like I felt like I could keep going.  Ok, maybe not that good :)  During all of my runs, especially the long ones, I always imagined Lucia waiting for me at the finish line. While the little rascal slept in that morning (of course she did!) she and Rafa showed up a bit after I was done.  It was so great to see my family. Lucia is getting my medal for her keepsake box, because I really believe that she was my motivation and the main reason I kept running and running.

Now, let's hope she keeps motivating me, for momma will be running the Eugene Full on 4/29/12, yikes!






No comments:

Post a Comment