2013

2013

6.21.2011

10 Weeks and Counting...

Our little Lucia is 10 weeks young now.  And here is what I know to be true about our little Lulu Belle:

- She is as sweet as she is sassy
- She loves to be on the go
- She despises the carseat
- She wakes from sleep by the sound of daddy's voice
- She smiles the most in the mornings
-  She follows us, even Bella, with her eyes.
- She is learning slowly how to sleep during the day, and not in our arms
-  She seriously loves sports, soccer and basketball to be precise.  I think she is a Trailblazers and Timbers fan.  Just saying ; )
- She loves people, to look at them and smile.  Any age, from babies to the elderly.
- Her front pack is her favorite place to hang out. Facing out please.
- She rolls over from front to back, I think just because she in no way likes "tummy time".  So she resolves that little mommy and daddy imposed dilemma herself. Smart girl.
- She is a big time farter!
- People comment at how alert and strong she is, and how petite and long she is too.
- She shows her anger the most when she is tired, never when she is hungry.
- The girl loves to be swaddled.
- And tonight she is sleeping in her own crib in her own room....

Our newborn is becoming a baby!

And here is what I know to be true about being a new mom:

-  She reminds me of what matters.
-  This is so much more rewarding than I thought.  And so much harder.
-  The lack of sleep is finally catching up to me.  I think I was on pure adrenaline for the first two months.
-  I never knew how wonderful breastfeeding could be, and surprisingly, I love it. Really love it.
-  My life now consists of 2-3 hour increments (feeding, diaper, play, cry (her or I both!), repeat).
-  When she smiles, I can accomplish anything
-  I don't dress her up as much as I thought I would.  I want her to be comfy first and foremost.
-  When I look at her, I wonder how anyone can hurt a child. Ever.
-  I know who my true friends are, single or not. And to my surprise, I have lost a few.
-  I still worry about being a good mom and making all the right choices.
-  I am obsessed with taking enough of photos and videos of her.  At least a handful a day.  I am trying to hold onto this very moment, in which I know can never be.
-  Some days I have high expectations of her, and have to remind myself that she is still so little and will cry often.  As a first time mom, I have no idea whats normal.
-  I am still committed to living a balanced life.
-  I wonder if my body will ever feel the same again.
-  I wonder if my body will ever look the same again.
-  I daydream about our future together as a family, especially trips to Disneyland!
-  I am proud of the daddy I chose for her
-  I am shocked to think that she may not have ever been, and am thankful of the choice Rafa and I made.
-  And while she is in her own bed tonight, I secretly wish she were sleeping right here next to me so I could hold her tiny growing hand...
- Oh and I would post a new pic, but I lost my camera cable. Another joy of being a new mom...cant keep anything in the same place! So ill just post her newborn one...what a beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment