Lucia Kate and I went down to San Diego this past week for a few days to visit friends. While I was anticipating being there, I was not excited to fly with an infant and I was a little worried about how she would feel on the plane. However, the entire experience was amazing. From Alaska Airlines giving us a total of 3 extra seats both ways (they really try to help new mamas), to Lucia being a complete gem, the travel was not bad at all and in fact it was quite pleasant. Sure it was a lot of work, and everything required extra time, but other than that we did very well the two of us.
San Diego was lovely, except the last day (rain, boo). I really miss that place. Every time I go there, I relive so many memories, I love how much there is to do, and of course the weather is usually sunny and beautiful, something Portland is seriously lacking. We were able to see Becca, Stacey and Kristi. On the first day, Becca, Lucia and I went to Sea Port Village and rode the carousel, danced to a band and walked to a nearby hotel where we sat in the lounge chairs and soaked up the sun. That evening we went to a delicious Italian dinner and had great conversation while Lucia slept : ) The next day Lucia and I took a drive up the coast and hit up a few beaches, the most important one, Del Mar. I always have a heavy heart when I think of my Grams and Paps there, but having my little Lucia didn't allow much time for tears. So we went swinging at the park overlooking the ocean. It was peaceful and lovely and reminded me of the good times at the same park when I was little. Afterwards we met Becca for lunch in Solana Beach. That evening Lucia and I met up with Kristi and Becca for a little Mexican food, it was great to see Kristi even for a short time and play catch up. The third day was raining, so Lucia and I hit up the movies to see Bridesmaids. It was a hilarious movie, and Lucia did wonderful in the theatre! That evening we went to Stacey and Nicks for dinner. Lucia didn't have her best evening, she seemed out of sorts; fussy and unsettled. So while it was great to see them, we didn't get as much time as I had hoped. That evening was the first time Lucia slept 6 hours in a row, so I think she was just very tired. All in all, a great trip, can't wait to go back again soon!
Some videos of our time :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHBFYwoEGP8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC8P1jHgo80
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL00fNbLXc0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoUxouMJb4M

Glad you had such a great time in SD visiting all your friends! Fun little get a way! Now you can go anywhere that you have a her first flight behind you and it was a success! - Marisa
ReplyDelete