Our little charmer is 6 weeks young, almost 7 weeks now. She is changing and developing at incredible speed. I remember at 3-4 weeks, I saw that she was becoming more alert, and now at 6 weeks, she can focus her attention for 5 minutes at a time on an object (really loves our blinds in the master bedroom), she can hold her head up and look in all different directions. At our baby and me class she laid on her tummy and looked at another baby next to us. She also now follows her gaze at me when I get up or move to the side. Lucia is also reaching for her feet and her toys on her play mat. She still doesn't know she is doing it but I can see that is right around the corner. And the big one, she finally can be soothed by just my cuddle or my voice. Ah my sweet Lucia. Before the only thing that mattered was food, sleep, and a fresh diaper change :-) I have discovered that she loves massage before bed, and has been sleeping 6-7 hours in row at night. And, it doesn't take us rocking her to sleep, she can now be awake and go to sleep on her own, well with a pacifier too : ) At 8 weeks, I am going to try and see if she will sleep in her own room, in the same crib we have had in the bedroom. That will be harder for me than for her.
I have been at home with her on my own now for a couple weeks and things are going well. While I am not able to get to all of the house chores (and that makes me crazy!) I realize that the most important time now, is th time I spend with her. Even when she takes a little nap, I miss her. I can only imagine what it will be like going back to work. So for now, I am going to let go of all of what I am not doing and just squeeze and kiss those fluffy cheeks.
Falling in love has never been more easy....

Just cuddle your babe, forget about the chores and your impending return to work. I'm glad I did. :-)
ReplyDelete