2013

2013

9.15.2010

August 23, 2010 ... Bun in the Oven

So Rafa and I went to our first doctors appointment on Friday the 20th.  And much to my relief, we saw the baby and the heartbeat beating strong.  The process went too fast, that really, I could have laid there all day looking at that little black and white screen, heart deep in the little one that is growing inside of me.  Rafa was so entranced, he had to get up to the screen very close just to take it all in.  We are now 8 weeks and 1 day along, but as of last Friday, here were the details:

Length: 1.13 cm
7 Weeks and 4 Days along
139 Beats per minute
The top left point to the bottom right point is head to foot : )

This Wednesday, we get to meet with the doctor and should have a better idea of how far along we are and can get all of questions answered.  I wish I could go to the doctors every day to know exactly what is going on.  So much of right now, is just waiting.  Waiting for the next appointment, or the next stage.  I don't want it to rush along, but then again, I want to do something.  Like, can I buy anything?  Can we prepare anything?    But I am learning the hard way that this is not a process I can try and control, for it is all up to fate and time, and boy does it feel so scary to me. Maybe I'll take up cooking, that should keep my mind off things : )

No comments:

Post a Comment