2013

2013

4.18.2010

"Solv It" Sylvan!

Every year, our neighborhood takes part in a volunteer event called Solv It.  Solv It is a non profit organization based in Oregon that focuses on the improvement of our community and our environment. We had a great turnout this year and I think that has much to do with the communication of the board with the neighborhood.  Between the bookmarks we mailed and the website, it has helped bridge the gap for information.  So the event was to gather at the Starbucks in our neighborhood, grab bags and clean up trash.  Once done, you put your bags on the corners of streets around our hood.  Rafa and I picked up trash and we volunteered to collect bags at the end of the day.  Here are a few pictures...

The Racoons name is Waverly, in case you were curious ; )













Volunteers having a little energy booster provided by Starbucks and QFC (grocery store)...











Me, cleaning up....

























Just one truck load of trash we picked up...










Rafa empties the truck...










We made a lot of progress and I am glad we once again took part in this event!

No comments:

Post a Comment