Rafa had a plan to go fishing with Derrick last Saturday, So Bella and I decided to hike Dog Mountain in Washington State. It is a 7.1 mile hike that elevates to 2850 feet. Bella and I completed the hike in 4 hours. It was a steep incline for the entire way up because Bella and I chose the most difficult route. It was harder coming down though, since it puts a lot of pressure on the knees. I was certainly tired after the hike, but Bella was still rearing to go; the girl has so much energy! The hike was lovely; sparse and damp forest at the beginning, open, airy, and cold at the top, with fields of tiny flowers. Here are some shots:
At the beginning:

This is the view from near the top:

Small flower:

The last stretch before the summit:

Bella at the top : )
No comments:
Post a Comment