On another note, I think Bella is officially retiring us as parents after the latest humiliation we have imposed on her. Since getting the boat, we want our Bella girl to be safe. So Rafa took the plunge yesterday and bought her a Doggie Life Vest; the brightest, sturdiest one you could find. Can't you see the enthusiasm in her face?
4.16.2009
Furry Ones
Yesterday I was lucky enough to spend my day not working, but volunteering at the Oregon Humane Society. Wieden + Kennedy sponsors quarterly volunteer days, and I think it is great! So yesterday we boarded a yellow school bus and headed over to help the furry ones. We were split into groups and my team started with hauling, wheelbarrowing, and raking out bark dust to replenish the the dog walking path. Our team was rock solid and made so much progress. And let me tell you, I am sore today! After that we got to spend time with different dogs in separated dog runs. I had two very shy dogs, and one very rambunctious lab. Surprise, surprise ; ) After that with we went to the Kittie Houses. I am not a huge fan of cats, but it was cool to hang out with them. The Oregon Humane Society places 98% of the animals they receive, but they could not do it without the help of volunteers and donations. If you love animals like I do, consider volunteering a couple hours a week or donating in whatever small way that you can. And please, always spay and neuter your pets. There are so many Fido's that need a loving home. Here are two links to help get you started...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment